Anyway... The weekend started off with Nicole helping me set up the tent in the living room and making pizza. She was a very good helper with the tent, so at least I know she shows sings of being sufficient on her own. The pizza on the other hand was so fantastic! Nicole helped pull out the dough, add the sauce, cheese and even helped me stuff the pizza with cheese in the crust. Yummy! It was so good we'll have to do it again. I let her have a ginger ale to drink as a special treat. She enjoyed it.
For this weekend I had my bishop give us a technology fast challenge. Well, unnecessary technology. That includes stuff like internet, facebook, television, movies, etc. Going into the weekend I was actually quite concerned how this would work with only the 2 of us home, so I invited friends over for games. Nicole loves the game Life, so we played that with some ladies I know from church. At least we played after Nicole lost interest. It was fun though.
After sleeping on the air mattress in the tent in the living room, we we still able to get up in time for General Conferenece. A very pleasent surprise was discovering that I have BYU TV!! Ha! I didn't think I got that channel, but I do! Yeah, had to add that one to my favorites.
Since we were doing a technology fast after the morning session we headed out for a walk. Nicole is always so enthused with our neighborhood. It helped that even though the day was overcast it was still very nice out.
After the afternoon session Nicole had a friend, Iselle come over for a few hours. Nicole and Iselle had so much fun coloring eggs, painting pictures and playing outside. I'm so glad Nicole had her friend come over.
We have some exciting news, there are babies!!! Okay, my friend, Micheal needed to have a place for his 2 cats, so I agreed to watch them for a few months. Little did either of us know that one of the cats, Leila, was pregnant. Like, really really pregnant. It was agreed that Leila would be dropped off on Thurs. Keiko, the other cat was already dropped off. Leila had her six kittens Thursday morning, so by night I had, and still have 9 cats at my house. Wow, I really am turning into the crazy cat lady. Here are some pictures of the kitties.
Aren't they cute? I think so, but yeah, not upset they were born elsewhere. The smell is already not so great (um, can we say Scentsy?) and they look like little black rats, but they are still so cute!! Since Leila and her kitties stay under the bed, so really it's just like I have 2 cats.
With my brother and his family coming next weekend I do need to find something to do with them. Four little kids are not the best for new kittens, and cats are not so great for my allergic sister. Since when did everyone become allergic to cats?


No comments:
Post a Comment