Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nicole cut her hair

Really, she cute her own hair. Last Wednesday I was getting ready to meet Nicole at Ballet when I get a call from Scott. He didn't have a car seat for Nicole and needed me to pick up her up. Oh, and there is a surprise waiting for me when I get there. When I got to Nicole I honestly couldn't see anything unusual, until she "showed" me her hair. Well, Nicole found a pair of siccors and decided she didn't like her hair.

Oh boy, I couldn't really tell how much she did until I saw her dance around at ballet. Nicole did a pretty good job at getting the hair around her face. Her hair was in a braid on one side, so that saved a lot of the top hair. The very back remained uncut by her hands, at least until the weekend.

Since Nicole was with her dad that weekend I let him be in charge of getting her cut fixed. These are the pictures I was sent when she got home from her hair cut.


I'm really excited that her hair didn't get cut as short as Scott and I both feared it might have to be. We got the baby hair all off now and her hair is very nice. She didn't get any of it really that short. All in all I think the entire event didn't turn out nearly as bad as it could have.


It was funny asking Nicole why she cut her hair. The answers went from she didn't like her hair, to it hurt when her hair was brushed, so she just didn't know. Since she was at her dad's when she cut it, the bigger reaction came from him, and he was mad. Nicole kept saying she was really sorry to me, but I only said that it's okay, I just thought she wanted long hair, but I guess she wants it short. Of course she was very concerned about getting her hair cut like a boy, as was threatened by her dad. Needless to say Nicole was very happy that her hair did not have to be cut as short as a boy's.


When talking with Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) they suggested that Nicole get a hair cut like her cousin Justin! Yes, I do think the buzz cut would be fantastic for Nicole. Nicole quickly gave a no head shake. Um, guess she doesn't like that idea.


This picture below is after Nicole found my makeup bag and had some fun. It's impressive to me how well she did with the eyeliner. I mean, I know it's too high, but really, it's pretty darn straight for a 4 year old. So it's not like I let her go out in public, but Nicole was very proud of herself and her makeup abilities. She is a beautiful little girl.



Well, not the best post, but at least it's something. Enjoy family!

1 comment:

  1. that is very funny. I guess it's one of those things most kids do at some point right? Yesterday we had barely picked up Ryan from work and were driving out of the parking lot of Ryan's work when Ethan said (very matter of factly and innocently) "i'm drawing on the window, is that okay?" ryan and I whip around to find him drawing with a crayon on his window. He's never drawn on anything other than paper before, and its a struggle to get him to color at all so we were very surprised. kids.

    ReplyDelete