Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beautiful Ballerina Nicole

I am very excited that Nicole is in Ballet now. I even like that the ballet class is low key and very realxed. I've seen some ballet classes that seem very strict, which would be great if I knew that Nicole wanted to be serious. But just for trying it out and seeing how things go, so far I am pleased with the relaxed atmosphere.
And here is Nicole in all her ballarina glory. She is so happy to be in ballet. I was also greatful to have Mormor there. For my family who doesn't know, Mormor is Nicole's step grandmother (mormor is grandmother in Norwegian) **take THAT SOPA and PIPA, thanks google for the Norwegian help.*** Anyway, I'm glad she was there because having never done ballet past probably a few weeks it didn't quite occur to me right off to tie the shoes to tighten them. Haha, simple things, but hey, it's amazing what you don't remember from childhood.



Class started off with some tumbling. They did sumersaults, big sumersaults, back sumersaults, cartwheels, bear walks, crab walks, and frog hops. Maybe it's wrong, but it's funny watching 4 year olds attempt a cartwheel. They just kind of fall over half way through. It's like 18month olds doing sumersaults. They get their bodies on their heads and then just kind of topple over since their heads are too big.



Ah, the baby years. I miss them so. And now for the pliat. pliate? Eh, ballet squats. And yes, Nicole is sticking out her tongue as she watches herself in the mirror.



This was the tap portion of the ballet class. Since Nicole didn't have tap shoes at that time, we just got her some tonight, she did tap with her tennis shoes. Of course right now she is yelling at me to stop taking pictures. Yes, I was the crazy mom who was wondering around the room taking pictures of my girl. It was her first class, I had to.



Now this one is just cute. Nicole loves Egee so much. I think Egee is still trying to decide if she loves Nicole back or not. I mean, come on, poor Egee is fighting for her life there. At least Egee is a good little kitty who puts up quite nicely with Nicole pouncing on her all the time. I honestly can't say who is the better pouncer, Nicole or Egee. Um. Maybe we should have a pouncing fight.


And below, if it works, is Nicole doing her first ballet dance. Oh, how cute this will be to watch if Nicole keeps up ballet. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, how fun! I'm glad you finally got her into ballet! And, of course, the picture with her and Egee is priceless.

    ReplyDelete