Sunday, June 20, 2010

Top Mom day!

Well, too much time has passed and I am finally getting around to a blog post. I know you just want to see pictures of my cute little Colie bear, but I've been a little busy. Packing, moving, unpacking, restarting school, blah blah blah. I know, excuses, excuses.
So the reason for the title. We didn't move far from the last apt, but it is somewhat a different area. We are right across the street from a park and I think we are really close to a fire station. I hear the fire trucks all the time racing by. Well, the other day I thought they were just racing by, but instead they stopped right across the street! The sirens were pretty scary, and Nicole was pretty scared by the noise. Well, to help calm her I suggested we go out to see the firetrucks. Of course the entire neighborhood was also out seeing the fire trucks...

The apts across the street, well, there are really only apartments around us. Anyway, something caught fire and we had 3 fire trucks and about 5 police cars. (this was 2 days after a high speed chase ended down the street with about as many cars-except that happened at 4 am)

Needless to say, looking a fire trucks not that exciting after a couple minutes. You can't see what they are doing, just that they are doing something. There was smoke, and the ladder, and even a fireman going in with an axe. But really, not that exciting. Nicole agreed and insisted I take her to the park.


Off to the park we go, and when we come back she wants to see the fire trucks again. Now this is how I got to be the top mom. See, we happen to walk by when one fireman was taking his gear off. Since it was just the one, I asked Nicole if she wanted to go look at the equipement. Of course she said yes. The fireman was nice enough to let Nicole get up into the truck, and by this time the other firemen were coming out, so another fireman gave Nicole a sticker.

Look at that grin, she knows how to take a picture.

Top mom occured more when we walked back to our apartments and all the kids asked in awe how WE were lucky enough to be able to not only get into the fire truck, but also get a sticker!! Nicole was the luckiest little girl in the complex that day.

I know, I give too much despcription before getting to the good part of the story. To try to make up for it here is another picture of my cutie Nicole.



We can't possibly go to the park without her baby! And to my family, does that baby look familer? It's my Jacob doll that I got when I was about 8 I think? Probably older. Nicole is such a good little mommy, she makes sure she feeds her babies, and she comforts them when the have tummy aches, and puts them to sleep with they are tierd. Oh, and in time out when they are bad. Mostly, she insists on bringing baby with us whenever we leave the house, especially when we go to the park.

I should have a lot more time to get back into somewhat regular blog posts. My apt is pretty set up, and when I don't have Nicole, I only really have school. Love ya, and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. How fun that she got to go in the fire truck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a sweetie! Love that she got to play in the fire truck!

    ReplyDelete