Sunday, October 10, 2010

Heading East--Philadelphia

Thurs Sept 9: Philadelphia

I apparently started this post, and then saved it. So this is a little out of order. We were able to explore Philadelphia on our stay. Since Mandy works just outside of Philly, we had to stop by her work. We also wanted to meet Terry, Mandy's co-worker who was able to help go to the zoo. That post will come later.

After driving into the city and getting parked we had a little bit of time before Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, so we went to Betsy Ross's house. It's been 3 years since I've been to Philadelphia and they have made a few alterations, like an actress playing Betsy in the house. It was fun.

After walking around for a bit, Nicole got quite relaxed in her stroller. I just think this photo is so cute!!

Nicole loved the hat as well. I think it's a perfect fit.

Independence Hall was fun. I'm very glad Nicole was able to see this. Of course right before our tour was walking in Nicole had to go to the bathroom. When a potty training toddler says they have to potty, you kinda have to go right now. Now since we were touring a 18th century building, there are no plumbing facilities. After running across the street and back, we were able to still catch most of the tour. It surprised me to find out that they only take the tours upstairs during the summer time, but we still were able to see the signing room.

Nicole insisted on giving Mandy evidence that she actually went to Independenc Hall.

So I thought I had these pictures in some sort of order, but apparently not. So here is the proof that we actually made it into the famous room.

This is us waiting to go into the Liberty Bell. Nicole wasn't actually asleep, just pretending. You'll see in the next picture that she is still bright eyed and bushy tailed.

The Bell!! Of course Nicole expressed her concern for the bell being broken. All in all though, I don't think she really got why we had to wait to see this thing, but she is a little model and still gave us a great smile for the picture.

I just really liked this picture. Once Mandy introduced the idea of putting chopsticks in your hair, Nicole was ready to allow whatever is necessary to get it done. Nicole definately thought she was pretty cool beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment