Thursday, April 23, 2009

Penske vs. Mazda 6

On Sunday we did our normal church attending and driving home. Well, we were following a penske truck. It's a 2 lane windy road so there was no way to pass it. Our town is getting their 4 stop light or something like that soon and it happens to be right at the final corner before we get into the residential area for our house. Scott and I are watching the Penske truck kinda go to the left, and then move all the way into the left turn lane. Since we need to go straight we pull up to the line waiting for the truck to move so we can see. The light isn't working yet so we have to wait for an opening. No more than 10 seconds after we are stopped at the line we see the wheels of the truck turn right and can only sit and watch as the truck takes out the front of my car. Very sad. If I knew what any of the car parts are, I would be able to tell you all the parts that are no longer part of my car.

Here's what the damage looks like:





Pretty uh? and our rental, here ya go:




Yes, we had a mazda 6 and we rented a mazda 6. At least I don't have to worry about getting use to a different car. Scott and I both thought it was funny ironic to get the same car we had. Hey, at least I know how to drive it, and it is looking like we will have this car for at least 2 weeks from whenever we get our car into a shop to start work, so who knows how long that will really be.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad about the front of your car. I'm glad you weren't moving and no one got hurt! That is what we did when we had our car accident - we were going to turn left and then suddenly went right and the car came up behind us and WHAM! 40 mph does some damage. Yeah, it was our fault I guess since we changed our direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stinks about your car, But I do like your rental! I was looking at your pictures too! Your girl is getting soooo big! She's adorable

    ReplyDelete