Growing up I would go to the family reunion in Idaho every year. This would be the reunion for my paternal Great-Grandparents. A few years before my paternal grandparents died the family started to have reunions for them as well. I have many fond memories of being at the ranch with my second cousins, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and every other relation that made it up. I loved it! Tents, horses, rickety old barn, creepy wood house, etc. Ah, the days of the reunion at the Ranch.
Well, Nicole has never been to one of those reunions. Sorry, but Idaho is really far from San Diego and a 12 hour drive just does not sound that fun to me. Besides, Nicole is kinda busy this year for the reunion.
Okay, so it's taking me a long time to actually say that we went to one of the few maternal reunions. Most of my mom's family live on the east coast. It has been years since I've seen the 11 cousins I have on this side of the family. It was great to see them all and how they've grown. It was also very nice to see the only great grandchild outside of my family as well as the only other girl! Nicole and I had fun with Emily, and Emily just took to me quickly!
Nicole had a lot of fun playing with her grandpa and her cousins. We both enjoyed meeting the newest member of the family, baby Tyler. So cute, and at 5 weeks he was a good cuddler.
Nicole and I flew out of San Diego to Las Vegas. Since I had to drive some of the way, I was going to make it the part that I didn't have to be the driver! Las Vegas up to Provo area was much longer due to the frequent stops that my little nephews needed, but it was good. Nicole decided that she didn't want to do any activity: watch a movie, play, sleep, sit quietly, anything: for more that 30 mins. If she didn't need a break from the car I did!
The reunion was lots of hellos and swimming in the very nice and warm indoor pool that my Aunt and Uncle have. Yeah, one day when I'm rich I'll make that a requirement.
It was a short reunion, but very nice to see my grandparents again and all of my cousins. Some I haven't seen or talked to since the last reunion, what, about 5 years ago?
With Eric's family Nicole and I went up to Sundance and did a nice little nature walk around the place. Nicole only fell once, but seemed just fine after Eric hoisted her on his shoulders.
Also, even though I only have about 2 people who read this, I want to give a big congratulations to my sister, Charlotte. She was able to go to her college graduation for her BS in business. It's so nice to know that you have it and you are done.
That about wraps it up for our weekend. There was lots of talk of my maybe having comic-con visiters next year. I warned them my apt is small, but it's close to the convention center.
Also, sorry for not really putting names. Usually I don't really pay too much attention to that sort of thing, but it just seems like putting the names and last names and all on my blog, which is public, would be just asking for some sort of identity issues.
Oh, and pictures! I didn't take any with my camera, so you'll have to go to Eric or Jessie's Facebook page to see them.
1 year ago
Sounds like fun! At least you got to see your family... and me! It was fun to see you toots! Hopefully Nicole gets used to those long car rides eventually.
ReplyDelete